Please Sign, if you are new member please register to unlock all the site features.
Please Sign, if you are new member please register to unlock all the site features.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHOME PAGEGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Top posters
    DarkBlade
    Skills and Drills to practice I_vote_lcapSkills and Drills to practice I_voting_barSkills and Drills to practice I_vote_rcap 
    Minotaur
    Skills and Drills to practice I_vote_lcapSkills and Drills to practice I_voting_barSkills and Drills to practice I_vote_rcap 
    Iceman
    REAVER
    Solitaire
    Thrasher
    Raven
    Latest topics
    » Calling for some help
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 9:55 am by Iceman

» Jersey Selection
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm by Minotaur

» General Chat
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:13 pm by Minotaur

» PLAYER IDENTIFICATION CARDS
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:36 am by Iceman

» were home!
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 am by Iceman

» adrenaline paintball
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:08 pm by DarkBlade

» 2 dollars to play?
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm by DarkBlade

» Practice, Tryout and Game july 3rd!!!
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am by Iceman

» Player Appreciation day
    Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:16 am by Iceman

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar
    Skills and Drills to practice Untitl12

Skills and Drills to practice

Go down 
    5 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    REAVER
    Captain
    Captain
    REAVER

Skills and Drills to practice Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 pm

The primary thing the whole team needs to work on is working as a team. When we meet we'll begin working on that. If you can, just work on your accuracy at home or other places. Also, try to work on learning to fire accuratly while moving. This can be tedious, but sometimes you'll need to eliminate a target while you get to a better position.
    Back to top Go down
    https://shadowcorepaintball.forumotion.com
    REAVER
    Captain
    Captain
    REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:29 am

I am aware of Blitz's offer to host private court time, and I also believe that the ability to run and fire accurately will be a useful skill. However this is one skill that is honed with practice.

In any case, everyone should practice their overall aim, they should also be aware of the range that their marker can fire; otherwise you'll be wasting paint on a target outside your range. The ability to move stealthily while maintaining a good travel speed is important, as is the ability to know when do crawl, crouch or run.

Know the terrain; if the area you are in is full of tall grass, use the advantage to crawl through it. However, mind the wind; it can give away your position if you move the grass in a way inconsistent with the natural surroundings. If you have high ground on your side, and you have a weapon capable of firing long distances, try to snipe. If the location is more flat terrain, with small ravines and ditches, a few scattered hills, and the occasional bunker, knowing the best location to move to is key to surviving and victory. If it's forestry, mind your footing. Try to avoid steeping on dry leaves or fallen sticks. Abnormal noise in the forest can alert nearby enemies to your presence and your location. It is recommended that you roll your foot from the outside of the heel to the inside of the toes for the right foot, and the inside of the heel to the outside of the toes for the left. This will help keep the noise level down as you move.

The way you move your body can also effect your ability to sneak up on a target or bunker. Don't keep your body stiff; let it stay loose. Move at a slight crouch; never stand up, especially when there are nearby enemies. If you can, practice moving quickly while holding your weapon steady. This will increase youir chances of hitting a target who suddenly appears nearby.
    Back to top Go down
    REAVER
    Captain
    Captain
    REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Specific tactics we will be covering include:

High crawl
    Low crawl
    Crouch Run [AKA Roadie Run]
    Stealth walk
    Camouflage Tactics
    Suppressive firing
    Focus firing
    Hand signals
    Command orders
    Designations

We will also cover positions and field tactics.
    Back to top Go down
    REAVER
    Captain
    Captain
    REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 am

I'm thinking of our team more or less as an actual military unit, so think SWAT. lmao. Anyway, the reason teamwork is so critical is because it'll boost our ability to win if we actually work together to complete objectives and eliminating enemies. A win is a boost to moral. More moral, the better we play!
    Back to top Go down
    REAVER
    Captain
    Captain
    REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm thinking SWAT cuz Special Weapons and Tactics are kinda what we are. Our weapons are special, since most of them are uprgraded from the standard, and we will be using many tactics practiced by actual military units. I have a few friends who can help with those, one of which is on our team.
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm

In my opinion, instead of doing drills, we should just play practice games together, and as we practice, well...will be playing. We can get at last 5 other members to be enemy so as we practice these tactics we will be using them, well, hands on, if you know what i mean, better then doing a certain tactic over and over again. in time we will learn these tactics hands on rather then just practicing, you make a game (practice game) and then discuses what needs to be improved on and we play.

Last edited by Nick Macc on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.scgclan.forumotion.com/
    Minotaur

Minotaur

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:28 am

i agree that playing more together will help our game as a whole, but think of this, what if the captian and ranking members don't know each strength and weakness of each member, and they get thrown into a situation where they become useless, hence why doing drills together will help everyone understand where we are in relation to eachother, a team is only as good as their weakest player
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:37 pm

no what i mean is i don't want to practice situations in a non-game situation, i just want to play an actual game but at the same time do different tactics that needs to be improved...I'm not going to go in some back yard and practice a tactic over and over again ...that's just stupid, reminds me of my piano lessons back in the day.
    Back to top Go down
    Minotaur

Minotaur

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 pm

although no one wants to relive your piano experience, practicing is the only way to get better, it's like math, how do you get better? memorize the formulas so on the spot your prepared.
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 pm

k i'm going to say this again. i want to practice we need to do that, but i want to set up a game were we will practice these tactics will have lets say a group of people come with us and will tell them the situation then as our team while the go to the base and set up we will go over the tactics and shit that we are practice then go. the other team will not no where we are or if were doming in our job is to use the tactics so they don't know, if the find out or spot us they are allowed to do an open fire, not fucking crazy, just like professorially and then our team, will have to get into gear and use the tactics shown to take down the team.. i don't what to practice as if its football when you just do drills over and over....so do you see now what i mean, i want to practice just in a real game sense. and like Dan has said probably will use dry fire.
    Back to top Go down
    Minotaur

Minotaur

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm

oh, ok man i had the oppression you wanted nothing to do with practices at all
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

no no.. anyway so I'm glade we have that's cleared, I'm just waiting on Dan to post the days for meetings ...but i guess everyone knows by now that theirs one Wednesday and Friday . so see ya there! if anyone needs a ride call me on my cell at 519 280 3316 or at home phone ( 519) 637 2944 and tell me the street your on and like tell me if its near a well known place or meet me at a well known place like Walmart or the Elgin mall or the y m c a stuff like that....I'm not good at street names.
    Back to top Go down
    Minotaur

Minotaur

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

do you know of any dates during summer where it will be practice specific.
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

if so, it hasn't been planed so always check the forums under meetings to see if theirs any meetings as you know the meetings sheet will be updated every meeting and the summer months will not be posted to about June but you can always ask the captain.
    Back to top Go down
    Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:20 am

Hate to tell y'all but nick is the only one here that has the right idea....
    yes you may need specific moves or tactcis or whatever you wanna call it swat/military etc
    first off you need to know your marker the best, be able to tear her down eyes blindfolded.
    second you need to know your own personal limits. how far you can run how fast, how loud you are, how agressive how courageous.
    THEN after that, you need to start bonding, on and off the field you need to be tight, you need to trust that the member behind you is going to cover you or else your going to be looking back which is bad.
    You need to function as one. not nessicarly being all swat, but knowing that if joeblow cocked up and got shot you need to know how to adapt to account for that loss.

Last of all....stay in your god damn bunker....."thinks back to noob at dans bday..." idiot got me shot cuz i was screaming at his sorry to get back in the bunker lmao!
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:13 pm

your absolutely right Devon i'm glade you explained what Ive been trying tell everyone i just couldn't get out in words.
    Back to top Go down
    Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 am

HEY BOYS,
    as you guys know we got a practice coming up and I just wanted to know what everyone wants
    to practice? I have my ideas of what we need to work on as I'm sure we all do, so lets get something going
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:29 pm

I don't know really, i guess will figure something out on sat.
    Back to top Go down
    Minotaur

Minotaur

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:06 pm

it might be best to go into practice with an idea rather than coming up with when while we're there save time on set-up
    Back to top Go down
    Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:55 am

^^ my thoughts exactly mate
    Back to top Go down
    Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 am

http://www.paintballwarriortactics.com/tactical-blog

CHECK THIS!! Read these articles before saturday, I intend to go over everything this blog covers
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:01 pm

lol just read those btw, lol to late now lol but ya, that practice went pretty good, got to test my limits, and as i stand now........needs work....dam winter always out of shape by summer. but looking back when i started i had no skill at even trying to move up fast and all that, always stayed back and hide, well not any more... right Devon....lol damn i cant believe i screwed that last game up.
    Back to top Go down
    Iceman

Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 am

wha? u didnt screw anything up mate lmao you just didnt see me move up is all, you three played awesome!
    Back to top Go down
    DarkBlade
    lieutenant
    lieutenant
    DarkBlade

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm

uhh that last game i moved up almost right in front you, remember, lol but i should of waited i moved to slow and you saw me.......then.........then i triped lolololololo
    but ya thanks.
    Back to top Go down
    Solitaire

Solitaire

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 am

Any Idea when the next Practice/Game is?

Gonna make it out there for it, even if it kills me XD
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skills and Drills to practice   Skills and Drills to practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Skills and Drills to practice
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next